MedAID aims to increase the overall competitiveness and sustainability of the Mediterranean marine fish farming aquaculture sector, throughout the whole value chain. Its objectives will be achieved:
- through a holistic assessment to identify the main technical, environmental, economic and social challenges which may condition the sustainability of the sector,
- by addressing those technical, environmental, economic and social challenges that the sector currently faces,
- by developing innovative knowledge and tools to improve the performance of the production systems, creating and fostering added-value products and socially acceptable business plans.
- MedAID will combine socioeconomics, biological sciences and food technology to improve competitiveness for the industry by providing strategies for optimizing production processes, marketing, business, administration and sector image and governance.
- The project will provide integrated solutions targeted at solving specific industrial bottlenecks throughout the whole value chain.
- Guides and recommendations produced by MedAID will widen the range of available tools and allow harmonization, networking and data sharing for analysis at regional level.