MedAID Health Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Conclusion on the discussion on the diagnostics of parasitic diseases  

(@snjezana)
Admin
Topic starter  

The discussion was moderated by Oswaldo Palenzuela, Ivona Mladineo and Andrea Gustinelli

Regarding the ectoparasites, it should be assessed when it becomes a problem and when it is needed to treat the fish.

The assessment methods should be standardized across the industry.

In the case of intestinal parasites cheaper and fast and reliable methods should be applied and new methods developed for diagnostics of coccidia.

The prerequisites for successful diagnostics of all parasitic infection:

• define tools to assess the impact of parasites
  • Increase of acknowledging on the importance of some parasites (training)
  • Lack of a targeted surveillance

(@andreagustinelli)

Hi to all, I think that some of the ideas emerged from the discussion in Porto (methods assessements and standardization) will be better addressed in the parasite diagnostic manual to be finalized in the next months in the framework of ParaFishControl.
A proposal to start: do you think it could be useful/feasible to assess a gill anemia scoring during Sparicotylosis outbreaks? Could it be predictive of the course of the diseases? Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@snjezana)
Admin
Topic starter  

It is a great idea. Will the scoring will be included in the diagnostic manual? We already had a discussion on Sparicotylosis and from practical inputs it was obvious that some "cut off" values should be set up in order to determine the proper time for treatment.

ReplyQuote
(@royalbet188pk)

It is a great idea. Will the scoring will be included in the diagnostic manual? We already had a discussion on Sparicotylosis and from practical inputs it was obvious that some "cut off" values should be set up in order to determine the proper time for treatment.

Navarro liked
ReplyQuote
(@navarro)

I, like many students, have difficulty with academic assignments and often turn to professional writers for help. My favorite is . These
guys coupon helped me get through the hard times on my way to university.

ReplyQuote
Share: